What we do
Structural Steel Fabrication & Erection
What is structural steel fabrication? How is it done? All your questions regarding structural steel and structural steel fabrications are answered in this article. Structural steel fabrication is the process of bending, cutting, and shaping steel to make a product. Steel fabrication is not any type of welding in which steel is strengthened or repaired. Several pieces of steel are combined together to form different structures of predefined sizes and shapes.
Not everyone is capable of fabricating structural steel. This process requires skilled and experienced technicians who can take raw components and transform them into marketable products. The heavy industrial projects require fabrication. You may also require help from structural steel fabricators at home when you want to build a staircase made of structural steel.
The structural steel fabricators make use of machinery to weld and bend steel in order to transform it into different patterns and shapes. The structural steel fabrication process involves:
- Cutting – This is the first part of structural steel fabrication. High-grade steel is cut by shearing or sawing or chiseling using different tools like laser cutters, plasma torches, or water jets
- Bending – Another important part of structural steel fabrication is bending the alloy. This can be done by hammering manually or with the help of machines. Whether to bend steel manually or through a machine depends on the type of project
- Assembling – This part of structural steel fabrication involves the assembling of all the molded parts to form complete structures. There are two ways of assembling steel structures. One way is welding, where the steel fabricators apply heat to the steel parts slowly to join them together. Another way of assembling is to bind the steel parts together with adhesives
After all this is done, the structural steel fabricators should determine its shape. To shape, fabricators make use of a software package and the equipment available in the machine shop. Most fabricators make use of the cutting-edge technology to keep a track of the operation and maintain the proficiency of the entire process. Laser-cutting devices give a smooth edge. Painting and sandblasting can also be used during structural steel fabrication.
Structural steel fabrication is used in the construction of buildings, bridges, vehicle parts, and home appliances. Using structural steel fabrication in building and homes is great, as it offers great durability and strength.
Eltigra can custom design any type of artwork design to suit your needs. The Art of Welding. Welding refers to a fabrication process that causes coalescence between materials such as metals, thermoplastics, and others. In welding, heat is used to melt the workpieces, and a filler material is used to form a weld pool or molten material.
Railings (Residential & Commercial / Industrial)
Metal railings utilize the same basic structural components as wood railings; a top handrail, a bottom rail or track, balusters or newel posts for main load transfer to the walking surface, and infill panels, pickets or spindles. … Common steel railing systems are fabricated from standard steel pipe or tube shapes. There are two primary types of railings: handrails and guardrails.
Which Railing is the best? From a design perspective, aluminium railings require more supports than steel, creating design and engineering limitations. While steel is clearly the best choice of material for railing systems, the dramatic differences between various types of steel may be surprising.
How can you tell the quality of stainless steel? The nickel is the key to forming austenite stainless steel.
So the “magnet test” is to take a magnet to your stainless steel cookware, and if it sticks, it’s “safe”—indicating no nickel present—but if it doesn’t stick, then it’s not safe, and contains nickel (which is an austenite steel).
On Site Repair Work
We know how inconvenient it can be when it’s not possible to dismantle or transport the item or machinery that needs welding repair.
When you can’t come to us, we will come to you. We know how inconvenient it can be when it’s not possible to dismantle or transport the item or machinery that needs welding repair.
And to be honest, there are some projects that you can’t simply pick up and bring to our shop for services. That’s why our mobile welding capabilities enable us to bring our skills and techniques to your site so you can get the results you envision without losing time. Onsite welding services are ideal for projects that cannot feasibly be managed in the shop, or would get better results being handled onsite, such as maintenance and repair services to metal structures, construction, and installations.
Don’t risk frustrating and costly down time. Let us come to you to provide lasting, high quality welding services at your site.
In House Repair
We can help with the following metal fabrication repairs in-house or we can come to you
- Structural Steel Fabrication and Installation
- Ductwork Fabrication and Installation
- Tank Fabrication and Repair
- Safety Railing and Mezzanine Fabrication and Repair
- Skid Packages
- Custom Fabrication
- Structural Repair Services
- Sheet Metal Fabrication
- Machinery Manufacturing and Rebuilding
- Metal Fabrication and Repair
- Cast Iron Fabrication and Repair
- Aluminum Fabrication and Repair
- Hoists and Monorails